Thursday, January 15, 2015

My Makeup/Beauty Favorites

Hello my loves! Happy Thursday! Hope you're all having a productive week so far, wish I could say the same but I've unfortunately been feeling under the weather for the past two days which affected my blogging schedule. BUT I'm feeling a tad better, so I'm back! Now, in my last post I said I was going to do an every day makeup routine but since I'm 20 shades whiter than I usually am because of my cold, I don't look my best right now. So instead I'm gonna show you my favorite makeup products I've been using like crazy lately and maybe something will catch your eye. Let's begin!

My little makeup station... :)



Foundations... 


(While we're ahead, sorry for the poor lighting in the pictures. I probably should've taken them in the day-light but I will be sure to do that in future posts!) 
Alrighty, I have three foundations that I'm kind of obsessed with. The first one is Covergirl's Ready Set Gorgeous fresh complexion foundation in shade 105 (classic ivory). I use this one the most, it has great coverage and its super light weight, it doesn't even feel like you have it on. 
The next one is Rimmel London's Stay Matte foundation in shade 100 (ivory, again. I'm very pale.) I LOVE this foundation, they're not kidding when they say "matte." There's no shine whatsoever, the consistency feels heavy-ish at first, but when you blend it it's perfection. It hides everything. I usually wear this for special occasions or when I wanna go a little more glam. 
The last one is Maybelline's Dream Fresh BB cream. I usually wear this one on my lazier days when I don't feel like putting a full face of makeup on. It has a decent amount of coverage, but not as much as the other ones. Nonetheless, it does the trick for me! I definitely recommend these three products.

Eyes...


Ah, the eyes. This is the one I have the most problems with because of my annoying dark circles/bags. 
I've recently discovered Maybelline's Instant Age Rewind Eraser for dark circles and I'm loving it. It brightens up the eye area, which I need or else I'll look tired 24/7. It applies smoothly with its fuzzy little ball applicator at the top (sorry, I don't know the correct term. I tried.) Definitely a thumbs up. 
Next is Love & Beauty by Forever 21's Eye Shadow Primer. I lacked having a primer in my life until about 3 weeks ago and there is definitely a difference in the way my makeup stays on for the day. 
Then we have Maybelline's The Colossal Volume Mascara. Totes my favorite mascara, the length it gives your eyelashes is unbelievable. 
Next is Maybelline's Master Duo liquid eyeliner! I don't like Maybelline or anything... :) haha! Anyway, this is hands down the best eyeliner I've ever used. It's so pretty when applied and super easy to make a little winged-out look for those cat eyes we all know and love! Well, I love it at least. It's a very dark black so it really enhances your eyes. 
The last product is Nyx's Jumbo Eye Pencil in Cashmere. I. Love. This. I usually use this eye pencil as a brightener in the tear ducts or as an under-eye liner. It has the prettiest shimmer and it shows up perfect in pictures. 

Blush/Bronzer...


By FAR the greatest blush and bronzer I've ever used. This baked blush is from Forever 21's Love & Beauty line and the colors in it just make me so happy. It looks AMAZING on, and it's almost like a highlighter for your face as well. I've gotten so many compliments when I have it on, so that's always a good thing! 
The bronzer is also from Love & Beauty and it's a must-have for me. Like I said before, I have porcelain skin so I need something to darken my face up a little bit! Listen, you know it's bad when people don't believe you when you tell them you're Irish AND Puerto Rican. My skin tells otherwise. 

Lipsticks...


I have a serious lipstick obsession, people. I want my collection to grow. Scratch that, I NEED my collection to grow. I'm serious when I say I feel naked if I don't have lipstick on. (From left: Pink Rose by Love & Beauty, Fuchsia by Love & Beauty, Red Revival by Maybelline, unknown name by Revlon (oops), Miss or Madame by Sephora, Bare All by Maybelline, Victoria by Buxom and Plum by Love & Beauty). One word: obsessed.

So that does it for my Makeup/beauty favorites! Hope you guys enjoyed, it was cool doing this kind of post! I'm sure I'll discover more products as time goes on so there will be more like this in the future. I'll be back tomorrow for a really fun post because I was nominated for a Liebster award! Yayay! Now, I shall go cry every tear I have in my body because there's an all new Parenthood on in 15 minutes! I get way too emotionally attached to the tv shows I watch. Ugh, love it. G'night bloggers! xo 





No comments:

Post a Comment