Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Tuesday Rants & NYC Celebrity Sightings

Hello beauties, and welcome back to my page. I didn't have any specific post plans for tonight so I figured I'd just write about what's been going on in my life lately. Exciting, I know! College has been treating me very well so far, my classes are pretty awesome. I'm taking copy editing, writing for publication, media literacy and digital culture. (You obvi can't tell I'm a Communications major or anything...) Although, digital culture is a bit harder than I had hoped. But whatever, I'll get over it. 

My very first issue I contributed to for my college's newspaper came out last week and it was such an awesome feeling. I remember watching Gilmore Girls and imagining how cool Rory's life must've been writing for the Yale Daily News and being part of a real journalistic world and thinking "wow, I really want to do that." Just thinking that I'm getting closer to my dream is a surreal feeling. I can't wait to write more articles and work my way up! 

My school's located in probably the most beautiful part of NJ I've ever seen. I'm surrounded by mountains and the scenery is unreal, especially with all the snow. I can't wait to see what it looks like once Spring rolls around and all the trees and flowers bloom. But until then, here's a little peak of what the view from my campus looks like. 

Pretty, ain't it?

I've been itching to go to NYC so bad lately, I miss my beautiful city. Like I'm literally having withdrawals... as pathetic as that sounds. Lol! I think the last time I was there was two months ago with my best friends. And what a night that turned out to be, it was celebrity central at Madison Square Garden. Wait, I can't believe I didn't blog about this night before! 

OKAY, so my friends Gianna and Victoria and I decided to take a girls trip into the city one cold December day to visit the tree and roam around Times Square. It was the same day as Jingle Ball, so before we took our train back home we wanted to see if we could spot any celebrities outside of MSG before the big show started. Did we succeed? YES WE DID. We stood with about a hundred other people by the entrance, of course barricaded by gates. But we saw Adam Levine, Rita Ora, Emma Roberts, Taylor Swift, Jessie J, Kevin Jonas (Gianna cried), Dr. Oz (yes, you read that right), and get ready for it.... the one, the only, Sarah Jessica Parker. Guys, when I tell you I screamed so loud that the other side of New York could hear me, I'm not exaggerating. Carrie Bradshaw. I breathed the same air as my muse. I may have cried a little too. Unfortunately, I couldn't get pictures of any of the celebs but here are a few pics of my friends and I from that magical day. 

Times Square shenanigans.

The twinnies take the city!


Well, this post took a pretty exciting turn that I didn't expect to happen. Haha! Reliving those memories just put a smile on my face. Makes me miss my home besties a little more, can't wait to see them in a couple weeks. Hope you lovelies enjoyed reading this little random rant! Have a great rest of the night. xo 








No comments:

Post a Comment