Monday, February 23, 2015

Oscars 2015 Fashion Favorites

Hi there my little bloggers! So like, I've been looking forward to this post since the beginning of the red carpet footage last night. I had a feeling it was going to be super hard narrowing down my favorite looks of the night, and boy was I right. Everyone looked beyond amazing. If there's any time to do it up, it would be at the Academy Awards. I actually enjoyed the show this year as well. I'd usually only watch two hours of it then get bored, but the entertainment was on point this year between the performances and the jokes cracked by the presenters. However, I don't think any Oscar show will be quite as good as last year's. But hey, congratulations to all of the nominees and winners of the night. 

Does anyone else feel like the Oscars just shows you how many movies you have yet to see...? I'm curious to see what these films are all about now. I loved Patricia Arquette's acceptance speech and the way she incorporated equality for all women who work just as hard as everyone else. Meryl Streep's reaction was literally priceless. I was totally impressed by Lady Gaga's tribute to the 50th anniversary of The Sound of Music, the girl has pipes. And when Julie Andrews came out... SO CUTE. Talk about a classy lady. John Legend's performance was incredible too, he filled the room with emotion and it was beautiful. 

One more thing.... Channing Tatum. AKA the love of my life. I said this about 76 times last night and I'll say it again, I vote him to be next year's Oscars host so he's on stage for more than just 2 seconds. The man deserves an award for just being him. How can someone be so perfect... I can't. I can write a whole novel about him so I'm gonna move on while I can. But first, a Channing Tatum appreciation photo is very much needed. You're welcome.

*insert heart-eye emoji here*
Okay, so now to move on to the Fashion Favorites. I'm gonna get a little more detailed in this post than in my previous ones just because these looks were everything. 


Emma Stone: Elie Saab. Emma's been KILLING it on the red carpet this season. She may be my overall best dressed at every award show she's attended this year. My favorite color is green, so this dress immediately caught my attention. I want it. 

Jennifer Aniston: Versace. This woman can literally do no wrong. If you were to look up the definition of perfection in the dictionary, Jennifer Aniston should be in there. The detail of her dress was b-e-a-utiful. She doesn't even have to try hard with her hair or face because she's just naturally that pretty. Love love love.


Giuliana Rancic: Mireille Dagher. I am obsessed with everything Giuliana Rancic wears, I'm not even kidding. I watch E! News religiously and if I had to raid any celebrities closet, hers would be the one. I would wear this dress in a heartbeat, I'm a sucker for lace. So classy. 

Anna Kendrick: Thakoon. This is something I would totally wear. It's so simple yet has a certain bling-bling to it that makes it oscar worthy. 



Rosamund Pike: Givenchy. There was A LOT of positive talk about this dress, and I can see why. The slit is perfect and not too revealing, it fits just right, the shade of red is amazing and the detail is on point. I personally wouldn't wear this because I hate the way strapless dresses look on me, but she can definitely pull it off. 

Chloe Grace Moretz: Miu Miu. AH I love Chloe. Everything about this look is adorable and the pockets are a plus. Since she's young, I feel this look is so age appropriate and you can tell she wanted to have fun with it. Slicking her hair to one side was a great touch to it.


Naomi Watts: Armani Prive. Yes girl. This is so edgy for the Academy Awards and I am loving it. I would absolutely wear this. Her hair and makeup was done perfectly for this look as well, I love the short hair/long bob look nowadays. I just cut my hair short and I don't think I ever wanna go back to the length I used to have. 

Nicole Kidman: Louis Vuitton. Does anyone else think these two can be sisters? Haha, idk just a random thought. There was some negative talk about the red band of Nicole's dress but honestly, I like it. It makes a simple look stand out a little more and the color of the dress is different. She's so elegant all the time, who couldn't love her?


Chrissy Teigen: Zuhair Murad. I'm in love with the color of this dress. Again, the top portion is lace and I'm obsessed. Although, the slit is a little bit too high for my personal taste but whatever. And I'm diggin' the dark shaded lipstick she's wearing, a color I need to add to my collection. 

Cate Blanchett: John Galliano. Idk, I just think this look is awesome. I love black, I'd say 90% of my closet is black clothing. Haha! It just looks good with everything and hey, it's slimming. Points for that. I would totally wear this dress and the statement necklace takes this look to a whole new level. Chic at it's finest. 


Reese Witherspoon: Tom Ford. Again, simple but so, sooo pretty. I love the off the shoulder element this dress brings and it fits her perfectly. 

Scarlett Johansson: Versace. Talk about EDGY. I love it. Scarlett Johansson is so pretty and I feel like whatever she wears, she's gonna look good in. The necklace is amazing and although some may think it overdoes the look, she rocked it. I think it was a good idea leaving the makeup as simple as possible too since this is such a bold look. 


Felicity Jones: Alexander McQueen. I usually don't go for the big, poofier dresses, (is that even a word? Whatev) but this one is gorg. The embellishments on the top are beyond pretty, I love the neckline and the color is stunning. *insert applause emoji*

Lupita Nyong'o: Calvin Klein. I think this girl is so classy and graceful. Pearls were a popular statement on the red carpet last night and this look was a beaut.


Sienna Miller: Oscar de la Renta. Again, a beautiful black dress. I would so wear this one and I love how the bottom of it is sort of see through, makes the look a little more complex. 

Jenna Dewan-Tatum: Zuhair Murad Couture. I can't even BELIEVE I included her in my list...... There's a first time for everything. Even though she's married to the love of my life, I gotta give the girl some credit for this look. Such a classic white look and she just looks really polished. And the pop of red lip is perf. 

WOW that was a long list! That concludes my 2015 Oscar Fashion Favorites, and this award show post was probably my favorite one yet. Hope you all enjoyed and as always, feel free to share your favorites of the night. Thanks for reading and be sure to keep up with my posts at bloglovin.com/victoriahone. xo 

No comments:

Post a Comment